- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
Good question and makes me think. Would I rather me young and innocent, as youth is often portrayed alongside innocence. And then with age comes knowledge and wisdom. So which would I rather be? I couldn’t actually say. I think If I could choose, I would like to be young again, but with the same knowledge I have now.
- Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Never Trying, because at least if you have tried and failed, you can hold your head up high and say, “hey, at least I tried”, sounds a lot better then “Well… I didn’t think I could do it so I didn’t even try.”.
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Because often in life, the things we don’t like to do are the things that we need to do, such as working, paying the bills etc, and often the things we like to do get pushed to the side due to lack of time or finances.
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
I think its safe to say, I will of said more than I have done, I have often said I wanted to do some things when I was younger, which are slowly becoming a long distant dream. And I no doubt in the future will say I want to do things, that due to other commitments, will not get done and just get put back further and further.
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
Without sounding like some kind of beauty pageant contestant, I’m going to avoid saying world peace. As world peace is nigh on impossible to achieve in any case. If we was to get rid of Religion,which is a main source of human conflict, then people would find something else to get into conflict over.If we got rid of Hunger and famine by sharing out everything, then would we just live in a world full of obesity?
So If I could change the world I don’t actually know what I would do. I think the world is the way it is because this is how it works. It’s all in balance.
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Money, as much as people say it doesn’t, brings on a lot of Happiness. I don’t care what anyone says in my opinion it does. I’m not saying money is the root to eternal happiness, as that would just be stupid. Although it does help a lot.And if happiness was a currency, I’m pretty sure a lot more people out their would be “rich”, and a hell of a lot more poor.
- Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
Both. I am doing what I believe in, as we to follow our beliefs in order to live, but I am also settling for what I am doing.
- If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
Probably of started a family by now if life was so scarce.
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I’d like to think I have taken full control of the course my life has taken. But this would be a damn right lie, as there have previous decision’s I have made due to things beyond my control.
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
If I said I was more worried about doing the right thing, then that would make me a hypocrite, as I have often done things which people may consider to be wrong. Same with doing things right. I suppose it depends on the person individual portrayal of “right”.
- You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
I would like to say I tell them that I didn’t agree with what they are saying, and if they would like to stop bitching about my friend like that. But who knows. I don’t. Whose to say I wouldn’t join in if said friend had pissed me off recently?
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Not to say a new born would understand. But… Be who you want to be, don’t let anyone try and change you, and mostly, do not try to change yourself for anyone.
- Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Without a Doubt.
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Can’t say I have, To date anyway.
- What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I don’t really know, I can honestly say I have never been up to some one and asked them how they sneeze.
- How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
Everyone has their own idealistic view of what happiness is.
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
Emigrating, due to lack of a career.
- Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
You could say that. Yes.
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
Australia, and I have no idea why I’ve always wanted to live there, and I’ve never even visited. Same with NYC. Although I do have family out in Australia.
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
Yes. All the time, and I know it doesn’t make it go faster, but it makes that wait while the doors close no feel as long.
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
Hmmm… would I rather have brains? or be ignorant? Brains.
would I rather be joyful? or worried? Joyful
I like the thought of having brains… but also like the thought of lack of worry…
Can’t I just be me, as I am now?
- Why are you, you?
Because this is how I turned out.
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
At times I have, at times I haven’t.
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
Losing touch with a good friend who lives near you, because when a friend moves away it can be blamed on the distance, when its one who lives near you, its through lack of similar interests and drifting apart.
- What are you most grateful for?
The ability to think.
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
This is hard, its like asking someone if they would like to get Alzheimer's. The answer would clearly be no, especially if you have seen the degrading of it first hand like myself. I truly don’t know how to answer this one, as I have some memories I would like to forget. But I have so many more to make too.
- Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
Depends on what you believe to be true? Kid’s believe in Santa, do they challenge it? No, they just accept that he exists. It’s only when they are older that they begin to challenge the existence of him.
- Has your greatest fear ever come true?
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
Obviously not as I cannot even remember what I was doing 5 years ago. Ask this question again in 5 years for how I am feeling lately.
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
Both Answers, My Nanna and Grandad & Fish and chips with them.
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
- If not now, then when?
Then never. OR too long.
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
My self worth, dignity and Pride.
- Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
Yes, I have.
- Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
It wasn’t the beliefs, it was the people who believed them.
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
Yes. For a while at least, and then I would train to do what I want to do, and do that. I don’t think I could ever spend a long period of time not working. It would bore me to death. Rich or Not.
- Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
At this moment in time, more work I enjoy doing.
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
Sometimes I do, but then I often wonder if I am actually living this life at all, or am I just plodding through getting by.
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
I don’t think I ever have.
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit
I’d try to, especially the ones I know I’d miss the most.
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
Yes!!! I’ll give you 20 years if you will let me have both!!
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being alive to me is just doing what you need to do to get by, working to live, living to work. Truly living would be doing everything within your hearts desire.
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
Exactly then, when you know it is right.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Because often, or at least in my case, the mistakes we learn from, are the ones that hurt like a bitch.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
Just now when you mentioned it, and every night before I go to sleep.
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
A person, but I didn’t show them enough.
- In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day
before that? Or the day before that?
I dunno, they are fairly significant dates to be honest. So I may.
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
A bit of both :-/