Thursday, 9 February 2012

09. Race For Life

I've decided that this year is the year I will do Race for Life.

Not just because it is on my DayZero list, but also because it will also help me to achieve some of the other tasks within it. I cant actually sign up to it until my next payday, the entrance fee is now £15, which has gone up substantially since I last took part. Once I am finally signed up I will be attempting to raise money for it also. (I'll add a link to the donation page once I start it - Just in case any of you fancy donating)
For those of you who don't know, and cannot be bothered to click on the link supplied. Race for life is a 5k course which you can walk, jog or run. All the money raised goes towards Cancer Research UK.

By doing Race for life, not only will I be completing the Race for life task of my DayZero list, but I'll also be completing the raise money for charity, and it will also help me with getting into Running/Jogging and in theory Lose weight. So effectively killing 4 birds with one stone.

I was planning on attempting to train by doing 2 hours cardio a day, but have been told by a friend that I should go for distance and heart rate rather than time. Followed by
220 - age is max heart rate. Then various %s do different things. 70-80% max heart rate  to build cardio. 50-70% to burn fat.

Who the hell would of thought that there was maths to be applied to being fit?

So plan for the rest of the night will be looking for training plans and the what not.