Friday, 24 February 2012

24. Night Shifts

At work I have agreed to help out over the next fortnight as one of the members of staff is on sick. So for the next few weeks I am on 3 night shifts and 2 day shifts. (I'm nice like that you see, helping out, even though I know I wont get any thanks for it)

Night's probably wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't for the fact that I love my bed. Actually Love it. By no means am I lazy, but I love nothing more than lounging on my bed with a good book, or watching TV, or gaming. Or even just chilling with friends. (The curse of living with Mother again means I no longer have a full flat to entertain my friends).

They also wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the fact that they screw my already screwed up body clock. Once coming of nights it will take me a long long time to get it do my regular screwed up sleep pattern. That's if the staff member returns, because no doubt I will be put upon to continue doing the nights until her return.

I fell for this before. I ended up doing stupid amounts of hours a week (sometimes 5 nights and 1 day shift) in order to help out, this went on for about 6 months and ended up making me quite ill.

Bah. I can already see it happening :/