Tuesday, 18 August 2015

BBW Butterflies

I'm not ashamed to admit I'm on the large side. Hell I loves me some food. Maybe more than I should!

I've been out scouting and browsing online for some clothes for my upcoming trip. And for some reason it is only recently that I have realised that the majority of plus sized womens clothing has one of two prints. Butterflys and flowers! I can just about live with the flower prints, but butterflies? WHY?!


Has it never occured to designers that us BBW want something more than flowers or butterflies? Are they subtly hinting something with the use of these prints? Is it all in my head? Who knows?
 

I've never been a lover of butterflies. I wouldn't be lying if I said they are a secret phobia of mine. I once remember a family outing about 12 years ago, and wandering off (as I usually do) with The Boy (who was then 3 or 4) in tow and walking into what I believed to be a tropical garden only to discover to my dismay that it was a Butterfly house and a Giant butterfly come towards me for me to run off screaming in near tears.

Urgh.